Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Loss of Sleep

It’s 2:30 and I can’t sleep
For my thoughts are far too deep
Of hopes and dreams of what we’ll do
The very things I don’t dare say to you
I fear my thoughts will turn to heartaches
If I dare share my mental keepsakes
You say you won’t, but what if you run
You’ll say you’re sorry, but anxiety won
My hopes and dreams too big for two of us
Too big to even begin to discuss
On this late night I’ve seen us say “I do”
Growing old together, smiling at the view
Our kids going off and then coming home
This only begins where my mind continues to roam
I crave your touch, your love, your words
I crave us being complete and utter nerds
With smiles on our faces because we know
Of all the places we may adventure and go
No matter where we are geographical

In your arms will always be the most magical

No comments:

Post a Comment