Monday, April 24, 2017

Pinterest Prompts

To my fellow writers, this is a list of some of my favorite prompts that I have posted on my Pinterest. Thought I'd share a few. If you'd like so see more, feel free to go to my Pinterest and follow me; I have a board called "Prompts" (clever I know) with more of them, as well as a board for writing called "The Write Way".

1. His eyes were cold and lifeless as he stared at me.
    "You have no idea who I am, do you?"
2. You find a stack of "Missing Persons" news clippings under your parents' bed. All with your photo.
3. "Yes, but last week a dragon almost set my hair on fire, so it's your turn to negotiate."
4. She pulled the knife from her chest and smiled.
    "Was that supposed to hurt?"
5. "What's our exit strategy?"
    "Our what?"
    "Oh my god, we're all going to die."
6. My beach had no fires, no 'HELP' sign written in driftwood or 'SOS' made from coconuts. I did not want to be found.
7. There was frost on the carpet.
8. "Where is he?"
    "My lady..."
    "Answer me."
9. "I've been to nine planets in twelve years and it is starting to show."
10. You sold your soul to the Devil some years ago. Today he gives it back and says, "I need a favor."
11. "How many times have I died for you? And you STILL question my loyalty!"
12. "What is it?"
      "I can't be sure - but I think it's human..."
13. Scientists have developed a pill that temporarily disables the part of the brain that feels fear.
14. "What's the little blinking light mean?"
      "It means... wait, blinking?!"
15. Killing someone gives you all the time they had left.
16. "You know what your problem is? You lack imagination."
      "Hardly... I created you, didn't I?"
17. The world didn't end in a band, or in a whisper, but rather one scream at a time.
18. When the young die too soon, death takes them on one last adventure before sending them to Heaven.
19. A child is born with an imagination so strong it leaks into reality.
20. "There is no need to involve my family in this."
      "Why not? I like them, and they appreciate my witty remarks way more than you do."
      "It's true, hun. You've got to admit, he's pretty funny for an evil mastermind."

No comments:

Post a Comment