Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Word-Count Wednesday

What am I working on?

Right now I'm still working on my fan fiction. I am on the third chapter and have posted the first two chapters on Wattpad as well now.
I'm also attempting (key word: attempting) to write anything for my first novel. I have the entire plot planned; I've named my main character and developed her back story; I've plotted character deaths and heartbreak. Now I'm staring at a blank word document, willing myself to be creative. It's not working.

Word Count This Week: 1,392

Total Word Count: 6,962

How do I feel about this process?

Yeah, at this point I'd rather not talk about it.....
I'm frustrated as fuck.

What am I reading?

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Screenplay Script by Steve Kloves and J.K. Rowling

1001 Questions to Help Flesh Out Your Character by Christina Escamilla

Pinterest Writing Tips

1 comment:

  1. So, the fan fiction is coming along rapidly... but you feel a bit stuck with your well-planned original?

    My guess is that you see the fan fiction as "Fun" and the original novel as "Art." Try to approach your novel with the same goal: have fun.

    Easier said than done, right? Well, one way to try doing this, since you have already detailed the characters, is to plop them into a scene or a situation (one that doesn't need to be part of the book) and see what they do. That way you can spend time with your characters. Let them talk to each other. Get to know them and see them in action on the page. (This is a way to mix a bit of Pantzer style writing into a Plotter platform.)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete