Monday, January 23, 2017

Who Do I Want to Be?

     Last year in my Modern American Literature of Sports and Culture, my teacher decided to ask a class of second semester seniors, who we want to be. WHO not WHAT. What an impossible question to ask someone only a month and a half into adulthood: Who do you want to be? I know who I don’t want to be. I don’t want to be the girl defined by her depression and anxiety. I don’t want to be the person stuck in a cubicle job that they hate. I don’t want to be the child that never chased their dreams once childhood died. There are plenty of types of people I don’t want to be, but who do I want to be? While there are things I’d like to achieve and accomplish in my life, I can’t find a way to say who I want to be. In theory, I guess I want to be the person people feel they can trust and turn to; the person that is known for being kind, compassionate, and understanding; the person who is happy with their life everyday they wake up. These are qualities I hope to obtain through my years. Ultimately, I want to grow as a person to be the best version of myself that I can be. Who do I want to be? I want to be me, in my best form, whatever that ends up being.


No comments:

Post a Comment